Yo man, good job with this game! Please dont discontinue it. Good Luck!!
A downloadable important game for Windows
Have you ever wondered what happens to a virtual world of an abandoned video game? All those digital inhabitants with their artificial lives…do they just vanish when the game is turned off for the final time?
Village Monsters is an easy-going village life-sim set in one such forgotten world.
SO WHAT’S ALL THIS?
My name is Josh, and I’m a solo dev working on Village Monsters, a life-sim game very much in the style of Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, with visual and tonal inspiration from the likes of the Motherseries, Undertale, and Shenmue.
Village Monsters is set inside the world of an abandoned video game. Over time, the monsters that once served as enemies grew tired of all the waiting around, and eventually decided to abandon the whole ‘bad guy’ thing entirely.
They’ve thrown away their axes and fireball spells and now live a more peaceful life in a sleepy little village in the country.
You are a player booting up the game for the first time in decades, finding yourself as the sole human living among a village of (mostly) affable monsters.
SO WHAT CAN YOU DO IN IT?
Kick your feet up and put down roots in this cozy monster village. Here’s a partial list of features and other fun stuff you can expect to enjoy!
- Personalize your very own home with furniture, decorations, and upgrades. Hang up new wallpaper! Plant a garden! Sit atop a strange golden throne you found in the woods!
- Pick up a new hobby, like archaeology, critter collecting, cooking, or fishing, then donate your findings to the Historical Society
- Meet dozens of whimsical villagers each with their own personalities, schedules, and problems to solve
- Leave your mark on the village by unlocking new buildings, fixing up infrastructure, and customizing different aspects
- Discover something new every day! The calendar is packed with events & holidays, and you won’t have a problem filling your daily routine with shopping, watching TV, writing letters, and much more
- Explore a bizarre digital land that’s been forgotten and transformed by its abandonment
- Bring back treasures and trophies from your expeditions to decorate your home with
- Experience total immersion thanks to a robust day/night cycle, seasonal changes, and dynamic weather
- Unravel a unique story in a world where everything is contextualized with lore and history
- Enjoy the deep satisfaction of dog ownership
- Uncover strange mysterious, solve riddles, and puzzle out puzzles
- Complete a massive compendium to track all your collectibles, secrets, and triumphs
WHEN AND WHERE IS IT RELEASING?
Village Monsters is releasing to PC in the year 201X.
You can play a very early alpha demo of the game right now. As in, today. As in, right here!
It’s a rough version that’s not fit for a wide audience, but it’s updated monthly with new features, content, bug fixes, and kisses on the cheek. Check it out if you like to follow along a game as it’s being developed.
HOW CAN I FOLLOW DEVELOPMENT?
Well, this site is a good place to start. I try to post dev logs at least once a week.
I’m very active on Twitter, so if that’s your thing too then I’d love to have you follow along.
There’s also email.
Finally, if you think about it there’s really just a finite number of humans out there, so if we both talk to enough of them then we’ll eventually find each other. I look forward to seeing you!
- Seasons, Village Changes, and the Compendium: It’s the VMD3 for August 20th 3 days ago
- Beaches, Ruins, and UI Improvements: It’s the VMD3 for August 13th 10 days ago
- Pets, Hail, and UI Improvements: It’s the VMD3 for August 6th 17 days ago
- It's the Village Monsters Dev Diary Digest for July 30th, 2017 24 days ago
- It's the Village Monsters Dev Diary Digest for July 22nd, 2017 32 days ago
- Minor patch release for the last demo 35 days ago
- It's the Village Monsters Dev Diary Digest for July 16th, 2017 38 days ago
- The final Pre-Alpha for Village Monsters, v0.5, is out now! Rad! 45 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Love what you have so far.
I meant to post this a couple weeks ago, guess I didn't hit the "Post comment" button...
Hah, thanks, buddy! Hope I can continue to impress. Glad to have you following!
Unrelated, but I seriously forget to hit "Submit" on some form or email at least once a day. I alt tab too much!
Can you list the controls?